Thursday, July 23, 2009

I am searching for something I have never seen. I don't know what love is, but I feel love, or at least a connection, towards the entire world.

The other day, I sat down and tried to understand what it was I was longing so much for my first year of college. Love-but what is love? Going on a formal date with someone you're physically attracted to or spending the night talking with your friends? I can tell you right now, I am more attracted to my friends right now than I have been to anyone else. But I'm not attracted to them in any sexual way. I love them. Being around them makes me happier than anything. Screw the awkwardness and difficulty of exploring romantic relationships and dating. I want to explore my friendships. The love that I have found through friends is relentless.

I liked the idea of love more than love itself, and now I'm beginning to realize that the idea of romantic love has little to no meaning in my life.

Love?

1 comment:

Claire said...

I've probably got the opposite right now... looking for friends to love, but fulfilled on the other love scale. But focusing on friendship love is definitely more important, the other kind of love will just find you one day. If you go looking for it, it's a waste of time. I certainly wasn't looking. :)