Thursday, November 02, 2006

life

So, basically, I tried to convince my English teacher that the symbolism and metaphors and basically everything metaphorical (which we were most definetely overanalyzing in class) was just a figment of the reader's imagination. I mean, come on, do you really think that the author meant to use symbolism here, put a metaphor in there, and say, ah, what the heck, I'll just throw a few in that the readers will never catch. So, basically, my point is that everything except for the literal in books is up for debate. If the teacher thought something was a symbol, they have absolutely no evidence to back it up in a few cases, and if there is evidence, how do we know it was not fabricated, and just circumstancial fluff that the author put in? Hokay, so if you followed me there, good for you.

But, then there's all this stuff that's been goin on. I ran a crazy race today, adn even thoguh I got like 12 hours of sleep, I still felt really tired. But, still, I ran pretty fast. It was like a race with many, MANY people in it, so like everyone sprinted out like crazy. I went out, and actually almost got a pr in my first mile, 'cause I did indoor last year, and got 5:25, and my first mile of my 5K race today was like 5:37. So, basically, I died after that. But, whatevs, it's all good.

Other than that, I'm looking foreward to a fairly low-key rest of the season, seeing that I'm probably not gonna race any more, 'cause I'm 7th or 8th on the team, and the last race of the season is only the top 6. Ah, well. Running is good, even if you aren't competing.

Yessss...this is an awesome video, and quite sweet music to go along with it.



Now, off to do what Sunday is made for

HOMEWORK

yesssss

1 comment:

Victoria said...

I was getting kind of sad today, and that made me really happy. (The video, I mean.) Three points for posting it. :)