Sunday, September 07, 2008

College is amazing. Here are the things I will do this year:

Join the Ultimate team (done)
Hike the tallest mountain in Maine (done)
Hike the tallest mountain in Maine in the winter
Go on a back-country ski trip
learn how to telemark
Do the puddle jump (jump into a hole in a frozen pond)
win a ski race
join the downhill ski racing club (this one should go before win a ski race)
find someone who will talk to me more than I talk to them
Get an "A" in a hard class
Have more than 2 beers. (Maybe not?)
go skydiving (a longshot-although there is a skydiving club)
sled with my friends
Travel with the ski club
Join Outdoor Track
Join a sports team that I have never played on before
pull an all-nighter (not that I want to...)
HAVE FUN
and....a lot more

So, basically, although I may miss High School, college is cool. A lot of work, but cool.

BATES COLLEGE
NO PARENTS

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

have more than 2 beers?
break the law?
tsk tsk, you never know who is reading this...

Mike said...

*gasp*

I don't want to get arrested...along with the entirety of the Bates campus...

Anonymous said...

that's not the only dumb thing that can happen to you if you're drunk or even just buzzed. You should know that if you're in college. And just because "everyone else" does it doesn't mean you have to or should.

Mike said...

True...hence the question mark.
My conversation with someone the other night (I actually didn't drink- my entertainment was watching everyone make a fool out of themselves drinking) "So, why should I drink"

"Well, you don't want to drink too much, you want to have a few beers and get to the level where you're chill with everything that's going on around you"

"I kinda am already chill with what's going on around me..and I'm sober"

Twas a funny conversation.

And, wait, is this the "Katie" I know or do I not know you? Lol

Anonymous said...

mmm, it's better to just watch. then you know at least what you would look like (like a fool, that is). And no, I don't think you know me.

Mike said...

True, true