Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Am I supposed to understand my feelings or just ride them like a wave?

What is the difference between memories and our current location? The present becomes memory so quickly, it is hard to understand. We live in the past. By the time our senses convey their messages to our brain, we will be seeing what already happened. The present has no real existence in our mind-only. Memories and consciousness are the mind's interpretation of the present.

I love how I try writing poetry, but something has changed since I used to be able to be eloquent through poetry. Every time I start a poem, I'm too wordy, trying to analyze and explain everything. Poetry isn't an art describing our world-it is an art of stimulation feelings and emotions. I need to understand that. I think I try to get deeper things out of poetry than really exist.

No comments: