Saturday, January 06, 2007

In life, we learn. In school, we learn how to learn.

I have just come back from an amazing ski trip to Stowe. As I said, it was pretty much amazing, other than the lack of snow. The picture at left was taken over the summer at Tremblant, and I forgot that I had taken a few pictures which I had planned to put together later as a kind of panoramic picture, so here is my attempt at doing that.


Ok, so I have been meaning to update for a while now, but that's besides the point.

Let's see, in the recent weeks, I have been doing so much. Last week, I went skiing at Stowe (as mentioned above), and that was amazing. There were only twenty or so trails open, but it was still some pretty good skiing. I managed to somehow injure the top of my foot by going off too many jumps, and now whenever I run, I am half limping, half running. I managed to limp my way up and down a ladder of 2-4-6-8, 8-6-4-2 the other day, but my foot felt like it was about to fall off. I shall see how my track workout goes tomorrow.

Other than that, I have been limping through this school week. So stressful, but so amazing. It is kind of a love-hate relationship.

So, I have recently decided to start studying for the SAT's and took a 3-hour practice test today. It was so long, and so frustrating, but I got it done. It was quite entertaining because the essay question was something about people revealing too much information about themselves through the internet.

Other than that...let's see...recently, the iphone came out, which is absolutely sweet. A while ago, I previewed what I thought would be the next ipod, and I was pretty close to getting it right. So, it is a pretty amazing little device which can do pretty much anything a computer can do. Not only a touch-wide screen, but a "multi-touch" screen, which is very high-tech. (photo courtesy of apple.com)

The only thing I can object to is the memory size (4 gb or 8gb), the battery life (6 hours), and the price ($500 or $600). It is an amazing step forward for Apple, and I can't wait to see what they can do to better it.

Other than that, pretty much nothing has happened. Yesterday, I heard some terrible news at school that a kid had been stabbed to death at the high school pretty much next to mine. The teenage murderer (of course, that could be debated), had boasted about his weapon's collection to everyone at the school, yet no one did anything about it. No one took him seriously because he had asperger's syndrome, yet he was just as capable of following through with his threats as any other high-schooler would be. Unfortunately, it ended with one innocent child dead.

Better get some sleep.



No comments: