Friday, January 26, 2007

speed demon

So, recently.

Had a pretty amazing race at reggie the other day. A pr of 5:17, and it felt pretty fast even though I got lapped right at the finish line. It is quite entertaining because I can tell down to the second how fast my time will be based off of when Seb laps me.

So, I went to the Boston Indoor Games. It was amazing to see how fast professionals go, compared to high school runners. In the 5K indoor womens competition, a Nigerian woman broke the world record in front of my eyes, and got a sub-5 minute mile pace for 3.1 miles for a total of 14:28. It was amazing.

The new iphone is stupid. I won't get into the details, but basically it may be a breakthrough in technology, but technology developed in Asia (not to stereotype here) five years ago still surpasses anything proposed for the near future by Apple. Phones have been developed with everything from broadband internet to a music player to a wireless credit card to a GPS system all with amazing speed and a low price. Apple should master their niche, the music playing industry.

Going skiing at Stowe this weekend. Downhill skiing conquers all. It looks like they have a few glades open, which will be absolutely sweet, as I have been craving glades for a good year and a half, because of the lack of snow last year. I can't wait.

My History teacher is so frustrating. He first gives me a B- on this stupid Junior Thesis outline, which I worked ever so hard on. And, yeah, that is 10% of my second term grade. Also, he graded my stupid essay a 78 even though I answered thoroughly every question he posed. So, I went in at 7:15 in the morning to have a 5-minute conversation with him. He's a phych teacher. He knows I'm angry. So, basically I gave Him a correct answer which He didn't like. Note to self: next time, read the teacher's mind.

Other than that...the exact same thing. Track is awesome. I shall get 508 tomorrow. And beat the other guy. Sweet.

Seeing as I haven't updated in quite a long time, it will most likely be very long until I get around to writing something here.

Till next time
Peace.

ps
for all you dog-lovers out there

1 comment:

Claire said...

Ummmm, Apple is actually like really lame. All their stuff isn't that revolutionary, and it's behind for everything. They almost purposely retard their timing for everything and just advance the style so everyone will buy their products. If you want something that costs probably less and will last you about 5 more years, look into non-Apple products. I won't even mention their computers....the only real customers they have with those are SCHOOLS. And like....highschools/middle schools. It's because Apple is TERRIBLE. Anyways, the iPhone is lame and way to expensive and the design is just stupid. A tiny touch screen and a silly warranty that expires right before it breaks? I'll pass.