Friday, December 22, 2006

Vacation

So, today is the first day of vacation. Absolutely sweet.

As for me, I'm barely doing anything over vacation, other than working on three papers, two of which are 8 or more pages. Also, I have a lab due right after vacation and a million other things. It's amazing how teachers aren't supposed to give homework over the break, but it still somehow happens. That's why I can't wait for college.

I've lately been too bored for my own good. I save every bit of homework for the absolute last minute, then stay up like forever to get it done. In college, you don't have to worry about any of that (well, you actually kind of do), but there is much more freedom in college. I will quote the Dartmouth pamphlet: "We guarantee you that once your kids come out of college, a fully-grown adult will come out". So, basically, I really want to enjoy this time of nice, relaxed high-school, and not hurry to grow up in college.

Had another meet at Reggie this week. Slowly but surely cutting a few seconds off my time. 5:23 this time, and Ben predicts 5:17, so that's what I am going to get next meet. The track team is awesome. I've decided.

It's amazing how quickly the holidays have snuck up. It's like...the beginning of school...thanksgiving....then all the sudden Christmas. It's almost like I have been on cruise control pretty much the whole year. Then, the other day, my friend informed me that we're already halfway through the year. Halfway, and I'm still trying to remember the teacher's names. Pretty pathetic.

Some major skiing must go down next week.

can't wait.

Oh, and another really cool science thing. They caught the first ever live giant squid on camera. It's here.
Pretty darn cool. They have video of it somewhere on the CNN website, too.



Sooo...maybe no longer that normal thing that I've been doing?
I shall see. Hopefully.
I love making people wonder what I'm talking about.


peace

No comments: