Thursday, September 28, 2006

yessssss

SO....not much happening

I opted out of going to Ana's taqueria (aka, the home of the Boys Cross Country) and making a fool of myself today, so I decided to have even more fun falling on my face and gettin scratched up. My legs are so amazingly sore now that I have like killed them by slamming them into a million roots. It's all good, though. When you're running fast, you can't really feel pain.

So, yes, (wow, that's a phrase I use a lot), I have much work that I need to do in shool nowadays. Each teacher (especially my bio and spanish) is like crazy and assigns work like they are the only class we are taking. Ah well, I guess that's what comes with higher level classes.

Goin to New Hampshire for the weekend, to visit the sister and celebrate the parent's 50th birthday. Sweeet...I may even be able to learn how to water-ski.

Ok, so I saw the Al Gore movie on global warming the other day. It had some interesting points, and brought up global warming in like a whole new light. The one thing that sticks in my mind about that movie though, was one reference to the ozone hole. He said that when we realized that we were depleting our ozone, we all worked together and fixed the problem, and now the ozone hole is getting smaller. I think that the idea that global warming can be fixed is a very, very important idea to put into people's minds. If you hand one person an article about how the globe is getting warmer and warmer, and, basically, that we're screwed for what we have done, that person isn't going to want to help the situation; instead they'll just ignore it because the problem is "unfixable". On the other hand, if you give someone an article about new techniques and ways to live more efficiently and cleanly, the person will be more likely to make a change in their life to fix the problem. SO, basically, global warming should be approached as a fixable problem, not a disaster which we created.

Ok, so, global warming=a very odd topic, but whatevs. Studying it in Bio.

Speaking of bio, I have an absolutely enormous test tomorrow on several chapters, so I should probably start studying for that.

This has been quite a sad, short, random post.
it's all good.
bye

No comments: