Wednesday, April 11, 2007

yay. another post

I absolutely hate my computer. It deleted the whole post which I was about to publish. FRUSTRATING. Oh well.

So basically...this last week or two....or three have been absolutely amazingly tiring. From staying up late to running a million miles, I have basically died. Oh well.

So, yeahh...today was uneventful. Went to this holocaust remembrance thingy today, and a guy talked a lot about how the United States was slowly becoming harsher and harsher toward others. Nationalism really feeds our natural desire to hurt others. The United States is becoming less of a democracy and more of a dictatorship. Now we are able to arrest ANYONE for saying ANYTHING, according to the Patriot Act. Things that threaten the government, or could possibly be perceived to threaten the government in some way are not tolerated, and people can be arrested for no reason. Oh well. Not like one person can do anything. Except that's totally not true.

On another note. The military is stupid. "Don't ask don't tell" is blatantly homophobic, and the military refuses to recognize that. You know what? What I say is that the rate of homosexuality will rise drastically if a draft is put into effect. But, seriously. I am very angered at this stupid rule.

I FINALLY FIGURED SOMETHING OUT. Wow. I'm a loser. So basically, I figured out that if you have a laser and two perpendicular mirrors, forming 90 degrees, then once you shoot the laser at the corner between the two mirrors, the laser will always shine directly back at you. I AM A MATH GENIUS. Except not. Lol.

I had an incredible race the other day. I went out fast, but not too terribly fast, and was able to like actually place and get third place with a time of 5:14 in the mile. It was probably the most exciting race of my High School career.

Oh wells. I tried to find a survey that would satisfy my survey craving, but couldn't find any, so I'll just kinda make one up

Four songs that remind you of the Summer
Where'd you go, Fort Minor
You and I Both, Jason Mraz
MakeDamnSure, Taking Back Sunday
Transatlanticism, Death Cab for Cutie

Four songs that remind you of the Fall
How to Save a Life, the Fray
Samson, Regina Spektor
Must Get Out, Maroon 5
Who I am Hates Who I've Been, Relient K

Four songs that remind you of the Winter
Gravity, John Mayer
Anything from the album "Take This to your Grave", Fall Out Boy
The Sharpest Lives, My Chemical Romance
Split Screen Sadness, John Mayer

Four songs that remind you of the Spring
Graduation, Vitamin C
Float On, Modest Mouse
Read My Mind, the Killers
Wine Red, The Hush Sound


I have just listened to the most amazing song-type thing ever. Everybody's Free (to wear sunscreen) is amazing. That is what goes through my mind every day. I know it's sad. But I am constantly thinking about how something will affect me in the future. I am not taking risks. I am not doing anything that scares me. I'm gonna put this song on repeat. Oh my.

"Don't worry about the future; or worry, but know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubblegum."

brilliant.
I want to go skydiving.

I really have nothing else to write. Hopefully I will write something else soon, thoughh.

Exited to the max. Yet dead tired right noww.

I don't know what I am going to do with myself.

2 comments:

Claire said...

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeek. Everybody's free to wear sunscreen....amazing. One of my fave songs....I listened to it on repeat like 20 times once...which is like more than 2 hours. >_<

Anyways....how are the other songs?

Claire said...

update, you fatttttty. please? You told me you would like 80 times over vaca.....to catch up with my ridiculous amount of updates. Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.