Saturday, March 31, 2007

cool picture

hehe..so cool. I used a double-exposure along with a tripod to make these pictures. I figured out what half of the shutter speed should be for the correct exposure, set my picture up, took one picture (with the camera on the tripod) and then took another one with the same shutter speed. It was pretty cool.

Ok, it's Saturday and I really don't feel like doing homework right now.

This week...nothing much. I've been dead tired because I didn't go to bed before 11:30 or 12 at all this week. And then Thursday was torture. Went to a party then got back at like 10 at night and had 2 tests to study for, a Spanish paper to write, and like a million other things to do. Oh well.

Other than that...I am very angry that Massachusetts has changed its driving laws. Now they're making laws for kids under 18 very, very harsh. Below is what the paper says
If you get a speeding ticket (previously a $50 fine)...
  • your license is suspended for 90 days
  • you get a $50 fine
  • you have to go through a state-led "road rage" program
  • you must complete an "attitudinal retraining course"
  • you have to pay a $500 reinstatement fee
  • additional $10 for every mile per hour you are above the speed limi
People who are just getting their license also need to drive for 40 hours with a parent (raised from 12 hours) and 12 hours in a driver education course (up from 6 hours). In addition, the police can pull you over if they think someone in your car is under 21 during your first 6 months with your junior license.

Ok. There are sooo many things wrong with this new system. First, as a kid on the track team put it, the state is being ageist. Sure there may be some teenagers who are bad drivers, but that doesn't mean that everyone else has to pay for their mistakes. The majority of teenagers that I know are pretty good drivers, and I have met some pretty terrible older drivers. The state was just penalized for being sexist, giving male drivers a higher insurance rate, so why is age any different?

Also, some people don't have enough money to pay these fines. In such a way, it will penalize people who don't have enough money to pay the $500 reinstatement fee and therefore can't drive because they don't have a license.

So, basically, the state is stupid.

Other than that...nothing much. Just finished running 800's. Sort of bittersweet having to wake up at 8:30 in the morning and run so much. The waking up part is hard..and the running is sweet. Oh well.

I really have nothing else to write. I've been listening to that song, "Inside of Love" by Nada Surf like nonstop. It is quite amazing.

But, yeah. Really nothing else to write

If you like piano, you'll like this video

but, yeyah.
Time for some homework.

Peace

PS
apparently, I messed something up so that now if you want to post a comment, you have to click on the link that says "X COMMENTS" below.

5 comments:

Claire said...

Heee the comments work now. Miracle perhaps.

Ahh those pictures are creepy but really cool. Hmmm I have to do all my homework now because my mom woke me up at one and I am so screwwwwed.

Driving laws are stupid. 500 dollars is ridiculous for speeding.
Nada Surf = amazing.
Ah that piano movie is so cool, I wish I could move my hands that fast.

Claire said...

Hi. I could have gone to bed ages ago I just realized. Oh and also I suck at life. kbye.

Claire said...

Toooo your comment:

Yes, Janie should die. She is a skank. >_<

Ummm short life = better? I want to see the WOOOORLD. (I can show you the world...shining, shimmering splendooooor!)

Haha yes homework should just not exist. Imagine that. I don't feel accomplished after I finish homework...maybe sometimes. When it's like a history paper. Or my thesis...but the feeling of accomplishment disintegrated when I saw my grade so....

Ahhh I like Snow. Planning the year out is nice though...I don't think it was that overwhelming.


Ahhhh vacaaaaaation. hee.

Obviously, I did not fall asleep in the shower as I am alive right now but I did almost die today in a different way.

P.S. UPDATE. :D

Claire said...

ummm three hour convos = love.

BAMBI RIGHT NOW.

Claire said...

Also that Asian guy in the movie is awesome. Did I say that already? I might of but I said I was going to bed but Juliet is talking to me about English homework and I can't do anything but wait but I'll be in bed soon I promise I'm really excited about Bambi and I really want to watch it ask your parents and force it upon them help them pack the night before or something and you know what.................if not today then some other day maybe when they are just not flailing around lol....that's the impression I got. Damn that was along sentence.