Thursday, March 01, 2007

Rainy Friday

SsoO.
Psychology it is.

I have been debating over what I am really interested in and what I just find interesting...and have finally decided to ignore my age-old attraction to the ocean and move on to psychology instead. AP psych will be such an awesome class. I will be very angry at my teacher if A) He doesn't recommend me for AP psych of B) He is my teacher for that class next year. Oh, well. Things could be worse.

Along those lines, I have been frustratingly looking for colleges. I am now beginning to feel the stress of looking for colleges, and I'm not liking it at all. Oh, well, I guess that this is what the next two years of my life are going to be like.

I now hate photosynthesis. Dannenberg (my teacher) is frustrating and makes us write so much for our labs. It is so frustrating, and I always have at least one night per term when I need to finish a formal lab and I always stay up until like 1-3 in the morning for those. And so, yeah, last night was the night I needed to finish my (very extended) lab (on photosynthesis). I can't think now. So I apologize if this post is a bunch of incoherent words.

Speaking of staying up late and not being able to think, the feeling that you get the day (or the morning) after, is absolutely amazing. It is almost like I don't really care about what other people think about me, and I am more relaxed and can like talk more. Very odd...this is why I like psychology.

But, yes...running out of things to talk about...

Ok, philosophy time...I was like actually thinking about like the whole idea of winning the lottery and everything the other day. But, seriously, the lottery is absolutely a terrible thing to have. Us rich folk (and I'm generalizing, but most people in the United States are at least average to above average in wealth) are always aiming to be richer. What the lottery is really doing is making the rich richer and not supporting anything but increasing wealth in an already wealthy society. It is sad to say, but if we really want to make the rest of the world a better (and wealthier) place, we will have to become poorer ourselves. And, I don't mean like losing a percent of you income to donations. I mean living and working entirely for the purpose of providing for others. Only in this way will we be able to fix our global problems. Hmm...that actually sounds a lot like communism...

Done with philosophy time. Ok, something really off topic....the other day I found a video linked from a news article involving the worst sports accidents of all time. One video is still playing back in my head, of Clint Malarchuk (a hockey goalie) accidentally getting a skate to his neck by the opposing team. Within 2 seconds, there is a 3 foot pool of blood in front of him. It just makes my stomach churn to think of what was going through his mind right then. Ok, so this is REALLY graphic, so unless you're really comfortable with blood or really want to see this, don't click here to watch the video. You might just want to listen to the commentators first. Just thought I'd share that.

Ok, so time to work on crazy Friday night homework, and looking forward to tomorrow night for something exciting. Hopefully if I have the guts. Hehe, I love making people wonder what I'm talking about.


Peace

3 comments:

Claire said...

but most people in America aren't wealthy. You shoudl talk to Cho. He has all the facts. I don't remember the number, but something like a lot of people in the U.S. live under the poverty line(15% maybe? I think more). Ummmm so yeah. Comparatively to other nations we are wealthier, to most, but other nations have the lottery, too.

Yupyup.

Claire said...

Ummmm I think I had some kind of reply but I can't form anything in my head that makes sense now. So I will ponder for a while and probably get back to you.

Claire said...

Oh and what other classes are you taking next yurr?