Thursday, March 28, 2013

She Left With a Part of Me

I hope I never do this again.  I became so attached to someone that the thing I wanted to do most in my life was to be with them.  Being with them was my only goal and my other hopes and aspirations faded into the back of my mind.  I became so impassioned about my relationship that my previous dreams seemed dull and boring.

Now that she's gone, I have no idea what to think.  I want to go back to the way I was before her, but I try to do the things I loved before and it just seems like there is no point.  Nothing can compare to the happiness I felt when I was with her.

What was it that made her so amazing?  It was the idea that we were there for each other.  She would listen to me and I would listen to her and we cared more about each other's feelings and aspirations than our own.  Love is when you miss someone so much your stomach hurts when you're not with them for a day, and you know they're feeling the same way.  It's as if I could package eternal happiness into a box and she held the key.  I don't know where to find that happiness now.  She left with a part of me.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My heart goes out to you. I'm so sorry about what you're going through, but just know, you deserve more than she could ever give you. Or at least that's how it seems to me. Jesus will carry you through.
Best regards.